When your asphalt pavement, whether that’s a parking lot or driveway, has surface damage in lots of different spots, property owners may not know what to do. New Jersey’s most reputable paving company has an asphalt repair process that can bring your pavement back to full function: asphalt resurfacing.
What is Asphalt Resurfacing?
Resurfacing services involve removing the top layer of pavement using methods like milling and then replacing it with a fresh layer of asphalt. This preserves the pavement base layer while creating a brand new asphalt surface. This can extend the life of your asphalt pavement for another couple decades.
Asphalt Resurfacing Versus Asphalt Replacement
Though the two may sound similar, resurfacing is a more cost-effective way to restore damaged pavement than a full asphalt replacement. Certain conditions must be met for resurfacing to be effective, but if damage goes too deep, it can reflect through the new asphalt.
When You Need Asphalt Resurfacing Services
Parking lots, roadways, or driveways that have multiple areas of shallow damage can be revitalized by removing that damaged top layer and replacing it with new asphalt. Pavement resurfacing is recommended when:
- Less than 30% of the pavement area needs to be repaired.
- If there are cracks in the pavement, they aren’t any larger than a quarter inch wide and don’t reach down into the base layer.
- The foundation layer of the pavement, the gravel aggregate base, is stable and sound.
- The pavement is less than twenty years old.
When Asphalt Replacement is the Best Option
Unfortunately, there are times when resurfacing won’t fix all the issues with your pavement. Under these circumstances, your trusted paving experts will recommend full depth asphalt replacement:
- There is more than 30% of the pavement that needs professional repairs.
- Cracks or other types of asphalt damage go all the way down into the base layer, compromising the structural integrity of the pavement foundation.
- The pavement is more than 20 years old, or has had major repairs performed.
Unlimited Contracting: New Jersey’s Asphalt Resurfacing Experts
Turn to Unlimited Contracting for any of your asphalt paving needs. We’ll use state-of-the-art equipment, commercial grade asphalt products, and proven methods to complete your paving project. We want to keep all drivers in communities like Toms River NJ and Brick NJ safe by making sure all local pavement is smooth and free of hazards.
For a free consultation about whether asphalt resurfacing is right for your damaged pavement, contact us today!