Budgeting for pavement maintenance can be a daunting task for property managers, business owners, and homeowners. You know that your pavement is an asset and a major component of your property values, so it’s important to keep it in good repair. Fitting that into your budget, however, can be difficult. The key is partnering with your trusted local asphalt paving contractor to make a pavement maintenance plan.
Unlimited Contracting, Holmdel NJ’s trusted asphalt paving company, offers ongoing pavement maintenance services to keep your commercial parking lot or residential driveway stable, beautiful, and safe for decades.
Tips for Budgeting for Pavement Maintenance
Perform Regular Pavement Inspections
In order to know what you need to do for your pavement, you have to be aware of its condition. Make sure you inspect your parking lot or driveway every couple months, and here’s what to look for:
- Cracks, noting which way they run and how deep and wide they are
- Color of the asphalt, whether it’s gray and dry or dark black
- Whether water beads on the surface or soaks in
- Water pooling
- Debris or chemical spills
- Visibility of parking lines, traffic symbols, and painted curbs
Know Your Pavement Maintenance Services
- Professional pavement sweeping and cleaning removes debris.
- Crack filling or crack sealing services will fill in fissures in your asphalt, sealing it over so water can’t get in and cause more problems.
- Asphalt sealcoating provides a thin layer of protection over the pavement surface that helps increase water resistance and reduce wear.
Unlimited Contracting: Holmdel NJ’s Trusted Pavement Experts
We are dedicated to our New Jersey property owners, including both business owners and residential homeowners, so we won’t abandon you once your asphalt paving project is complete. We’re happy to work with commercial property managers or homeowners to develop a pavement maintenance plan that stays within your budget while also keeping your asphalt parking lot or driveway stable and beautiful for decades.
To start your pavement maintenance plan with a free inspection, contact the Unlimited Contracting office today!