Budgeting for pavement maintenance can be a daunting task for property managers, business owners, and homeowners. You know that your pavement is an asset and a major component of your property values, so it’s important to keep it in good repair. Fitting that into your budget, however, can be difficult. The key is partnering with your trusted local asphalt paving contractor to make a pavement maintenance plan.
Unlimited Contracting, Holmdel NJ’s trusted asphalt paving company, offers ongoing pavement maintenance services to keep your commercial parking lot or residential driveway stable, beautiful, and safe for decades.
Tips for Budgeting for Pavement Maintenance
Perform Regular Pavement Inspections
In order to know what you need to do for your pavement, you have to be aware of its condition. Make sure you inspect your parking lot or driveway every couple months, and here’s what to look for:
- Cracks, noting which way they run and how deep and wide they are
- Color of the asphalt, whether it’s gray and dry or dark black
- Whether water beads on the surface or soaks in
- Water pooling
- Debris or chemical spills
- Visibility of parking lines, traffic symbols, and painted curbs
Know Your Pavement Maintenance Services
- Professional pavement sweeping and cleaning removes debris.
- Crack filling or crack sealing services will fill in fissures in your asphalt, sealing it over so water can’t get in and cause more problems.
- Asphalt sealcoating provides a thin layer of protection over the pavement surface that helps increase water resistance and reduce wear.
Unlimited Contracting: Holmdel NJ’s Trusted Pavement Experts
We are dedicated to our New Jersey property owners, including both business owners and residential homeowners, so we won’t abandon you once your asphalt paving project is complete. We’re happy to work with commercial property managers or homeowners to develop a pavement maintenance plan that stays within your budget while also keeping your asphalt parking lot or driveway stable and beautiful for decades.
To start your pavement maintenance plan with a free inspection, contact the Unlimited Contracting office today!
Curious how to extend the life of your pavement? Maintenance services target damage types that affect your asphalt pavement. A reputable local paving company has all these services, and they’re happy to help their customers with ongoing pavement maintenance services.
Unlimited Contracting, Manalapan Township NJ’s Trusted Pavement Maintenance Contractors
Unlimited Contracting, Manalapan Township NJ’s most reputable paving company, is dedicated to our local customers throughout the life of their pavement. We can install a beautiful and stable parking lot, but we will also help our customers maintain their commercial pavement with a variety of restorative and protective asphalt maintenance services.
Pavement Maintenance Services & Asphalt Damage
Here’s how different asphalt maintenance services address types of pavement damage.
- Crack Filling – Asphalt cracks form when temperature changes and the weight of vehicles causes shifting in the asphalt layers. Crack filling or sealing services, considered a minor pavement repair service, counts as preventative maintenance because fixing smaller, more shallow cracks prevents them from becoming larger.
- Asphalt Sealcoating – Unsealed pavement is subject to damage from oxygen and UV rays that break down the pavement, as well as water that can cause more breakdown especially when it freezes. Sealcoating is a common asphalt maintenance service that provides a layer of protection from damage like oxidation, UV ray damage, and water penetration.
- Line Striping – Over time, tires and weather can also wear away traffic paint, leaving parking stalls and traffic symbols faded. This can be very dangerous for drivers and property owners, so getting your pavement repainted regularly is recommended by asphalt experts.
Want to repair and protect your New Jersey pavement? Contact Unlimited Contracting for the best pavement maintenance services in Manalapan Township NJ.